GT Prep is the best resource for students for preparation for SAT. The faculty at GT Prep has many years of experience in training students from diverse educational backgrounds for taking a variety of competitive tests including SAT. We are aware of the intense competition and high stress that students are exposed to during these exams and hence we adapt a holistic approach to training the students in order to boost their confidence and performance.
What is the SAT
The SAT is the Scholastic Aptitude Test, which has been developed by the college board as a centralized and standardized method of assessing a student’s readiness for taking up the academic rigors of an undergraduate program in a university in the United States. The SAT exam is administered in order to evaluate the written, verbal and mathematical skills of the students. Almost all the universities in USA accept SAT scores for admission criteria for under graduate programs and earning a good score on the SAT can have huge impact on your admission chances.
What does the SAT Test?
The SAT test, which has been developed to assess whether a student is ready or not to take up the academics of an under graduate program in the USA, tests the student on the following areas.
In this section you would be given questions related to solving problems by utilizing mathematical concepts that you have learned in high school. The questions will be related to problem solving, Algebra and advanced Math. You will be given 80 minutes to answer 57 questions and will be allowed to use a calculator for 37 of those questions, while the other 20 need to be solved without the use of a calculator
In the reading section you will need to read and comprehend a variety of passages from different genres such as History/Social Studies, US and world Literature, and Sciences apart from current affairs. The passages would be of 500 to 750 words in length and you would be given 65 minutes to answer the questions that follow. There would be 52 questions in all.
The writing Section will assess your ability to write and present a meaningful argument supporting your point of view on a range of topics which include, careers, politics, world history, literature and finance among other topics. You will be given a total of 44 questions, which you will be expected to answer in 35 minutes.
- Essay (optional)
The essay section is optional, and you can choose to attempt it or not. The essay section will consist of a single essay question, which you will need to answer in 50 minutes.
Who Can Take the SAT?
Students who intend to study in an undergraduate program in a university in USA or any university across the world that accepts SAT scores would need to take the SAT
Eligibility Criteria for the SAT
- Anyone can take the SAT test. However if a candidate is less than 12 years then they can register by mail
- If a student is above 13 years of age, he or she can register online by creating an account
- If a candidate is above 21 years of age, they would need to provide an identity proof.
Guidelines for SAT
- The SAT test can be taken at multiple locations across India
- You can register for the test both through mail and online
- The test is administered six times in a year in January, May, June, October, November and December and the actual dates of the test are given on the official website in advance.
Cost of Taking the SAT
The SAT costs around 88 to 100 USD for students in India, depending on whether or not they choose the essay option
Results of the SAT
The SAT is scored on a 200 – 800-point scale for each of its two main sections – Math and Reading. The maximum score, any student can get is 1600. Your score will reflect how you have performed in comparison to other students who took the SAT. Scores that are above 1200 are considered to be good
Preparation Tips for SAT
- Start early – Plan to start your preparation for SAT at least six months in advance as you can have adequate time to prepare.
- Plan to spend some time everyday to cover the fundamental concepts in verbal and Math sections before you take the test
- Read a wide range of texts and books from a variety of different genres to improve your vocabulary and reading comprehension skills.
- Take mock tests in a simulated environment to help you get used to the environment of the test.
- Time yourself for each section as you take the tests in order to ensure that you are able to complete each section within the stipulated time
- Eat a brain healthy diet and get adequate exercise and rest before the test day
- Rely on a competent SAT Coaching center that can train you to achieve your best
Our Strategies to Help you Achieve Success in SAT
SAT Exam Preparation
- Preparation tips for SAT
- Technologically aided state of the art classrooms
- Customized syllabus for SAT that is based on our in-depth research into past years exams
- Experienced and competent faculty who have the ability and expertise to train students from diverse educational backgrounds
- Mock tests that are specially designed to mimic your experience on test day
- Personalized assistance from our coaching center for booking SAT test dates and test centers